Monday 13 February 2012

Walking Down the Twitter Path

As a result of this course, I have been exploring Twitter as a tool for professional development. I am not tweeting myself just yet (I think I have a bit of stage fright). But, I have been diligent about reading what the TL's I follow have been saying. I have already found some great resources- including my last current event article Finite Pie and today, a great new blog about learning in an online world called Hey Jude. Check out Judy O'Connel's post on building a PLN. She also linked to a great slide share by Ned Potter on the importance of the role librarians in our technology driven world.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way Esther, I haven't actually tweeted anything. I want to use Twitter as a professional development tool, not a tool to tell people that I am sitting at the coffee shop working on my courses. So I am starting to doubt myself and I don't want to post anything in fear of it not being good enough for the online world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we could tweet resources we find for this course. It would be a start! We are sharing them on our blog after all. Also, I think tweeting a question would be a good place to start. We should try tweeting soon- let's give each other courage!

    ReplyDelete